The Recruitment Process
Phi Delta Epsilon holds rush weeks within the first three weeks of the Spring and Fall semesters. What truly sets new members apart is their commitment: to one another, to the life of their school, to the advancement of their careers, and to the world beyond medical school—be it in the local community or in an impoverished nation thousands of miles away.
In order to become a member, all potential new members must submit an application along with an unofficial transcript and a headshot. In addition, applicants must attend a minimum of 3 out of the 5 rush events that comprise rush week (see schedule below). If a potential new member meets all requirements for membership, they will be invited to interview. Decisions for admittance are strictly based on the applicant's application, rush week attendance, and interview. For updates on upcoming recruitment events, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be placed on our mailing list. Completed applications may also be submitted to email@example.com.
Fall 2017 Rush Week Schedule
Note: All events take place in BH 241
- Monday, 9/11, 6-8 PM - Information Session and Speed Friending
- Tuesday, 9/12, 6-8 PM - Information Session and Game Night
- Wednesday, 9/13, 6-8 PM - Senior Q&A + Pizza Night
- Thursday, 9/14, 6-8 PM - Trivia Night
- Friday, 9/15, 6-8 PM - Invite Only Event
- Saturday, 9/16 - Interviews
- Sunday, 9/17 - Interviews
In order to rush Phi Delta Epsilon, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- A cumulative GPA of at least 3.3
- Applicants must be a pre-medical student (no pre-dental, no pre-physical therapy, no pre-nursing, etc.)
- Applicants must have completed either Biol-L112 or Chem-C117, and must currently be enrolled in the other.